Monday, November 06, 2006

Snowboarding!

Yesterday was a great day. Let me tell you how it all began. On Friday I worked at Bev Facey. A lot of camp kids that I know go to that school, so I ate lunch without about 7 grade 12 students. Aren't they geeks? They ate with a sub teacher! haha. Anyway, they invited me and Rob to going snowboarding on Sunday with them, and then Colin (who has been to my church once) said they would all come to my church after. I thought this was an awesome idea! So, Sunday rolled around and it was a beautiful -2 day. We went snowboarding at Snow Valley, which I would never do again. It was very expensive for a very boring and small hill. But we had a lot of fun. The first hour or so was great, and the last hour was awesome! Colin brought out his snow skate (which is basically a skate board on a small ski) and we all had a try. This brought a lot of laughs becuase there was lots of falls. Mark tried to do a handstand on it, which led to a head stand which led to...well a lot of laughs. Afterwards they all came to my church which was the best part. We had a great supper together (every Sunday is a potluck) and then a great service. It was a nice way to end the weekend.

1 comment:

pink monkey said...

hey, Teneale, sounds like a wonderfully fun day! You little wild snowboarder, you!
Only in my wildest dreams, I might add. I remember well the days of riding the slopes and enjoying the awesomeness of Creation! Sure is a great sport. But yeah, pretty pricey. So enjoy this time while you can because once kids arrive on the scene, the costs kinda put a halt on some things.
Yep, a season for everything and a purpose under heaven. ;o)

I sure did enjoy seeing your Mom on Trenton's turf. So neat to see the ladies in orange, eh? ;o)
What a blast for them all.

Love you both,
Auntie D.