Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Goings on

So, everything is going well for me. My Mom get back from Korea, safe and sound. Its nice to have her back. She had a really great trip, but I have yet to see the pictures and really talk about it. She is still catching up on sleep.
One of my turtles went to...shall we say...turtle heaven. Germs got really sick over a week ago with a resperatory illness. I had to quarenteen him from the others and eventually he died. They say that when a turtle shows symptom of illness it is usually too late to do anything. Magnito and Xavier are doing well. I was worried they would catch it, but they haven't. Magnito has already grown and is now bigger than Xavier and still being master of the domain. They are really fun now, and have lost most of their fear of me. They now know me as the food supplier so will come up to me and beg for food. If I put my fingers in the water they will play with them, so they are really fun now.
Subbing is going well. Last month was pretty slow, but things have already picked up. I'm working 3.5 days this week and next week, 4 out of 4. Which is super awesome. All of them are at Bev Facey for the same teacher, so cha ching. I we ever work more than one day for the same teacher we get paid extra. And it's drama. So I'm super excited about next week. The rest of this week is phys ed, so I'm just having lots of fun! Two day for the same teacher, so I'm pretty happy right now. We'll see what December brings!
Hope everything is going well with all of you!

2 comments:

pink monkey said...

Hey Teneale, sorry to hear about your little Germs. Glad to hear the other two are still doing well and that you can enjoy them so much.

Sooo happy that your job is doing well for you. Getting your name out there as a great teacher is key and that seems to be happening for you. Following in your Auntie Rhonda's footsteps as a great subber, shall we say. Way to go, girl !! Isn't it great to have some extra money comin' in! Yup. Life is good !!

Enjoy your week .. hey, only a month to go to Christmas. See you soon. Hi to Rob.

Love ya!
Auntie D. and family

Anonymous said...

Hey Teneale,

So sorry about the little turtle...but the others sound like so much fun!
Subbing is really working out for you...I wonder if you will ever want the actual thing after this? I am sure you are doing an amazing job.
Hey, I miss your comments on my page...remember there are only two of you that really write on there so I don't want to lose you : ) lol.

Have a great Christmas season,
Christina