I know its a little late, but I had to post this little email I got from a friend. She sent it around Christmas and it really spoke to me. I felt I should post it so you all have a chance to be reminded of the real reason for the season.
"Christmas is when it all began. So instead of me dwelling on the things I don't have this Christmas, or feeling bad about the things I do, I actually got it this year. Maybe for the first time ever I REALLY got it. Tomorrow is the start of something beautiful and tragic, a romance better than any other and a gift far more meaningful than any present we can buy. Jesus was born, living his whole life to teach us how to live and then dying to make a bridge between our wickedness and the glory of God. Everyday of his life was a step closer to the cross and he knew it, but he did it anyway. He did it perfectly and without self pity. He himself was facing death, yet he was willing because it was the only way for us to get to heaven. It makes the hustle and bustle of Wal-Mart fade away and my bleeding heart feel joy again to know that a perfect God was willing to come to this earth and go through the pains of daily life and then offer himself to a torturous death just because I was worth it. And you are worth it. The blood that ran down from his body was for you. And tomorrow is the day that started it all. So I pray for every one of you that you will feel the joy that comes from being loved more than we can even understand and cary that through to the New Year and the rest of your days."
Thanks for the reminder hon! I know I needed to hear it! Love you.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Teneale,
Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas with family and friends. Your niece is truly the cutest.
I too liked your little reminder about Christmas, and it is never too late to be reminded. It was a little bit hard this year to get into the spirit, not being home and all...but Tyson and I had a great time in Prague and it was the best Christmas present I could have asked for.
Love Christina
p.s Can you believe I only have 4.5 months left!
what a beautiful expression of the meaning of christmas...
Post a Comment