Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Adventures!

Rob and I went to Banff this weekend and spent two days ripping up the slopes of Sunshine. The conditions were ok, somewhat icy and you had to dodge some rocks, but weaterwise it was very nice, especially Sunday. And it is definitly worth putting up with the conditions when the hill is so slow. We never had to wait in line and the hill was empty. I thought it would be very busy becuase of the nice weather, but I guess everyone was busy with last minute shopping or something.
Our hotel room was amazing. I have to say, it is pretty much the nicest hotel room I have ever been in. The bathroom was crazy. There was a nice big shower, and a seperate bath tub, marble counter top, huge mirror and get this-heated floors. That's right, heated floors. I have never experienced the wonders of heated floors and I quite like it. No more cold feet. Plus somehow, Rob found a good deal and we got the room for 80 bucks a night. I think the regular price is 220! Isn't that crazy? Neither Rob nor I can figure out how we pulled that fast one. But we took it and ran.
It was a wonderful weekend. Rob's birthday was on Saturday and it was the perfect way to celebrate. It's always nice to get a weekend together, away from the hussle and bussle of regulare life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys! Especially this crazy time of year, it's so valuable to seize the moment and enjoy what's important - EACH OTHER!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so so great! I am deffinetly not going to experience heated floors in any of the hostels I am staying at...but I am sure glad you did!!!!
Have a great Christmas season,

Love Christina

kanadians in korea said...

you would love korea, teneale... every house has heated floors :) so glad you had fun! em.

pink monkey said...

Teneale, that sounds like the good ole' days when Uncle Derk and I went skiing those mountain slopes! (before kids) We spent our honeymoon in the mountains skiing.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend get away. And bonus to have such great accommodations!

Happy birthday to Rob. I presume it was on Dec 9th.? May the year ahead be one of surprises and blessings in your life, Rob.

Love,
Auntie D.