Friday, September 01, 2006

Bitter sweet

I just had the last day of daycamps for the rest of the summer! Wahoo. No more elementary kids. Well...no more elementary kids in daycamps. I haven't heard anything for teaching jobs, so I guess I have to face the facts that its just not going to happen right now. I suppose I'll have to stay on at the zoo and try to get full time there. I really don't want to though. I mean, it was a super cool summer job, low stress, easy and fun, but its definitly not a career choice. I'm pretty bummed that nothing came up for teaching and at this point I can't even sub becuase I haven't had an interview for that yet. Sigh. I feel kind of lost and I don't really know what September will bring. So, the last day of daycamps is bitter sweet. Sweet cuase they are done, bitter becuase it reminds me that I have no idea what I'm doing.

And my bathroom is taking forever! I just want my own space back. That's what I really should be doing now. I should be painting the bathroom so I can get a toilet back in. I guess God is trying to teach me patience but I have to admit I'm failing badly. I'm very short tempered, partly becuase I don't have a job, but mostly becuase I want my toilet back! Poor Rob is taking the brunt of my grouchiness. I know I can control how I react to things, but sometimes my emotions seem out of control and I just explode. I guess it will get done when it will get done, just like I'll get a job when God wants. BUT I WANT IT ALL NOW! I guess I'm just frustrated...and lost...and...disapointed. Maybe I'm just having a bad day...or week. Maybe it's camps fault. After having such an awesome week everything else just seems so...grey.

I'm going home this weekend to help Rob's Dad move to Westlock. My neice, Charlotte is turning 2 years old! I can't wait for her birthday party. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure she is the cutest little girl on the face of the planet. She just cheers me up and loves so unconditionally. I rarely get to see her, but she always remembers me and is so excited to see me. Its just so sweet. Jesus was so right about loving him like little children. Its probably the most unjaded love there is.

Anyway, I better go paint the bathroom or it will never get done. Love you all.

5 comments:

kanadians in korea said...

hi sweeie Well i enjoy all your writings, you know where you get all your writing skills from. Thats right form me. yes i will say it again from me. Christina i hope you read this if it is Christina Wierenga Hi hope things are going well for you. We miss you. How is the boy freind? It's late love you all Mom.

Anonymous said...

Hey Teneale, Hang in there babe...I think not having a toilet would get under anybody's skin. Still praying for you and your job searches, and patience...I know that is an area I have trouble with too. Love Christina Wierenga
p.s Hey Marge, thanks for the comment on Teneale's blog...what a treat (hope you don't mind teneale : ). Things are great and the boyfriend and I are doing well...lots of prayer holding us together though.

Anonymous said...

Hey Teneale, Hang in there babe...I think not having a toilet would get under anybody's skin. Still praying for you and your job searches, and patience...I know that is an area I have trouble with too. Love Christina Wierenga
p.s Hey, thanks for the comment on Teneale's blog...what a treat (hope you don't mind teneale : ). Things are great and the boyfriend and I are doing well...lots of prayer holding us together though.

pink monkey said...

Ychhhh .. no toilet??? What is that !!!! Hope you are up and flushin' soon. What color is the paint in there? I look forward to visiting and checkin' it out.

Hey, was that seriously your Mom signed up under emma lee? And who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. You go, MOM !!! ;o)
I am truly impressed with your new skills.

Gotta run. Blessings on your day, Teneale, and we pray for an answer for a job for you in the very near future. Yep, give me paitence, Lord, but give it to me right now! ;o)

Love you both,
Auntie D.

kanadians in korea said...

thanks for your prayers about my sister teneale. she's going to be flying home on west jet. love you! hang in there. em.