Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Talk about a rollercoaster!

My Dad always said that I was an emotional rollercoaster and the older I get, the more inclined I am to agree. 3 days ago I felt so joyful at being on the sub list. But I find myself growing restless. Waiting by the phone is a hard game to play. Today I had a list of things I wanted to get done. I had a nice morning, slept in, went for a run, took a shower in my new shower and got ready to go. I got into my car, turned my key and nothing happened. At this point I'm not sure what is wrong but something drained my battery to the point where I can't even electrically lock and unlock my car. That beeping sound a car makes when you open the door...can't even make a proper beep. Now this really messed up my plans for the day. I was so angry. I had to cancel an appointment and basically can't get anything done. Another day sitting alone in my house. So then I thought I would paint the hallway downstairs. Nope, I don't have any rollers left and I can't drive anywhere to get any. I'm frustrated at sitting alone in my house. I was not made it do this. I'm holding the phone in my hand, willing it to ring. Please let me have a job for tomorrow. Please.
How easy is it for me to get discouraged. At least I have my own shower back.

1 comment:

pink monkey said...

Hey, Teneale girl, I know how difficult and frustrating it is to wait for God's timing.

He doesn't tell you how He will care for you, but He does tell you that you will never be out of His care.

He doesn't tell you when He will answer your prayer, but He does tell you that His timing is always perfect.

His will in His way. Often sooo very hard to trust.

"Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you."
(1 Peter 5:7)

I hope there is nothing too serious with your car and that you will soon be running around again.

Anyway, I am praying for you and I hope you will get a call soon. Take good care.

Love you,
Auntie D.