Life is tough at the best of times. And when life is going well there is a problem waiting to pounce around you at the next corner. I think as Christians we expect life to be easier because we have God. And God should be answering all our prayers just the way we want Him to. It's like we expect something from Him, we feel we deserve it. But we don't deserve anything from God. And He has already given us the greatest gift of all...forgiveness. No matter what we have done, no matter how far we have strayed, His love and forgiveness follow us. What an amazing gift from Jesus! The scary thing is, once we accept that gift, we are expected to give everything of ourselves. And then we are out of control of our lives and things happen the way God wants it to. And we just have to trust the God knows what he is doing. Which I'm not very good at. Sigh. I really want a job.
To be honest, I keep thinking something will happen still. I keep thinking that God will rescue me from a year of wearing the same gray polo shirt. (working at the zoo and nature center) I haven't lost hope yet, but there comes a point where you just have a accept. And I'm not at that point yet. So, for you praying folk, pray for me, that I get a job, or I accept another plan from God and that he reveals it to me so I know what I'm supposed to be doing.
Thanks and love you all.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Teneale,
This is just to prove that grey hair does not restrict access to the internet :-)
(Of course, it does challenge me to figure which identity to use, but I will stick with anonymous for now)
Be assured that something will happen - it always does; perhaps not what we expect, and remember that God has a sense of humour !!!
Meanwhile, will keep praying for you - that doors open up and some lucky principal discovers what a trasure you really are.
Mr T
we are praying for you sweetie. love em and trent.
Post a Comment